The Extended Care Program is designed for children and adolescents, ages 5 – 18, who require a more intensive diagnostic workup and, if necessary, medication adjustment. The program is located on the acute unit, which allows for the delivery of intensive treatment services in a secure setting. Extended Care can be utilized for children in transition to the most appropriate, yet least restrictive, placement. The length of stay can range from 1 week to 60 days.
- Medication management provided twice weekly, at a minimum, by a child and adolescent psychiatrist
- Individual therapy is provided weekly, at a minimum, by a licensed social worker/counselor
- Daily groups include: trauma-focused sessions, coping skills, anger management, chemical dependency education, and daily living skills
- One (1) hour of education is provided daily by a certified teacher
- Family therapy is provided to enhance family communication and to assist in the aftercare planning process
Upon request, a physician recommendation can be provided for aftercare. Discharge planning is arranged collaboratively with the child’s case worker to the most appropriate setting.
Contact us to learn more.